Thursday, January 31, 2008

Discovery

I was searching through my music VAULT... and stumbled across this song. I recorded it back in 1997. It was written for my daddy, on the 10-year anniversary of his death.

Being curious, I listened to it. I smiled at how poetic I was, in describing my feelings. I LAUGHED because the music is so influenced by "WENDY & LISA." (I love them...)

Anyway, the song is called "Still Winds Blow." I'm a bit shy, because I never released this song. This was a musical "diary entry," if you will; for nobody's ears except mine, my Dad's and God. But I still thought I would share it with you.

The lyrics are below. Journey with me, back into time... (and I like the little cassette tape player as well... how nostalgic.)

With love, AC...


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.


"Still Winds Blow"
(written and performed by Aaron-Carl)


Somewhere inside the spirit garden,
is the soul of a man whose fire continues to rage
inside of me...
For without me, he went on to become an angel.

Still lies the wind that blew life into me.
Never to wake from the blistering peace...

For he sleeps where still winds blow...
Daddy sleeps where still winds blow...

Somewhere inside the spirit garden,
is the soul of a man...
Forever calm is the storm that once used to be.
Without me, he went on to become an angel.

As I lay down to watch him sleep,
I'm torn with disbelief...

For he sleeps where still winds blow...
Daddy sleeps where still winds blow...

As I lay down to watch him sleep,
I'm torn with disbelief...
For he sleeps where still winds blow.
Daddy sleeps where still wind blow...
Do I go where still winds blow?

No comments: