Sunday, September 12, 2010

Almost tour time

Hey there everyone.. AC here!  I just wanted to take a quick moment to write here in the blog -- it seems like it's been a while, eh?  Yeah, I know...  :-)  Well, here I am, so let's catch up!

Hmmm.. for starters, I just finished a new remix for the Roundabout Sounds label.  The song is called "Jack Rabbit" and OMG, let me tell you, it was a challenge!  hehehehe...  They preferred a "dirty, lo-fi" approach, which confused me at first.  But like any challenge, I rose to it.  I think it turned out quite well.  I turned it in before I went to bed last night, and when I woke up, I received the e-mail of approval.  They like it a lot!  :-)  So be on the lookout for a new AC remix.  YAY!

 Wow... 4 more days until I'm on a plane for Europe!  Y'all have no idea how excited I am.  For starters, I haven't traveled overseas AT ALL this year -- working on WARMTH, moving to a new house, etc...  Yeah, it amazes me at how quickly time flew by this year!  Side note:  Do you know that next month, WARMTH will be officially a year old?  And something even MORE crazy -- it was this time LAST YEAR, I did my last European tour. 

Going to Berlin will be very interesting -- in fact, every time I travel to Berlin, I can't help thinking about my mom.  That last phone call in the airport, on my way to Germany...  Me promising to call her when I get there...  Me finally arriving to Germany, only to find out that Mommy had just died.  Don't get me wrong... I've been to Germany a few times since then -- it does get easier to deal with.  But yeah, I think that "airport experience" will forever remain in my mind.

On a brighter note, I'll finally be able to work on my new album!  (Yes, I have a title for it -- as well as an entire concept, and NO, I'm not saying anything else about it right now!  LOL)  Just know that I won't release the full-length album until MARCH 2011. Ok, I'll tell you one more thing about it.  I will NOT produce this entire album by myself...  I wanted to work with a few choice producers -- can you guess who they are?  (Yes, I've got some WONDERFUL folks to work with me on this project...)

And finally (for now), I received a message from my Parisian friend, Ludovic Llorca.  He told me that he liked the work I did on the track with Sebastian San.  (OMG, I almost forgot I even DID that song -- until yesterday, while going through my archives, I FOUND it.)  I wonder if they plan to release it sometime soon...

Alright, y'all!  That's enough for now.  I'll post tons of updates via Twitter while I'm on tour, so you should definitely follow me.  Let's stay in touch... 

MUAH!
AC (and yes, that's my official Facebook Fan page...  That's where I'll post lots of pictures from the tour, so y'all should follow me there too!  hehehe...  )

No comments: