Saturday, September 01, 2007


After 8 wild and crazy days in the hospital, I've finally made it home. The last two days were so unbearable, I broke down and cried. Not because of the pain, per se. But because of the lack of information that I was given!!! They kept coming into my room, taking blood from me -- the IV was stuck in my arms for so long, my veins would collapse. This would sometimes happen while I was sleeping, and I'd wake up to blood in my IV tube. Most of the time, they would just flush the tube -- meaning they would push a saline solution (at top speed, I might add) into my arm. Talk about a burning sensation from HELL... OUCH!!

On a brighter note, they did an ultrasound on (what Dana calls) "the gymbags." No more infection. The swelling (yes, I'm still quite swollen) will go down in about a week or two, but in the meantime, let's just say that I have "Beer Can Boogie" syndrome! Mind you, if it weren't so damn painful, it would be a WONDERFUL thing... LOL! But nah. I was fine before this staff infection ever started.

So now I'm home. But life hasn't stopped. I have TWO gigs tomorrow (Sunday) night, and I'm still not certain if I can make them. Of course the money is nice, but I can't kill myself trying to be out there in the world...

We just got a new house! (We're moving on up, to the East Side...) I knew we were moving, and it pisses me off that I didn't get to physically SEE the house yet. But I saw pictures, and wow. I'm in love... So yesterday was a wonderful day. I finally got to leave the hospital, which I would imagine was similar to someone getting out of prison. I was like, "DAYLIGHT!!!" I was so happy to breathe fresh air, y'all wouldn't believe it!!! THEN on top of that, Mel gave me the keys to my new house. YAY!!! I'll definitely need to hire movers, because I cannot lift anything even remotely heavy -- for obvious reasons...

On that note, I'll end this blog and lay back down in the bed. My phone has been ringing off the hook with well-wishes and love. THANK YOU ALL!!! My throat is quite sore, thanks in part to all those damn antibiotics I was taking... But I cannot complain. I am HOME.

PS: (and you know who this is directed to...) While laying in the hospital, I thought about calling you -- especially after reading your birthday response in my blog. It kills me that you were simply 'waiting' for the right time to say something to me... I kept thinking, "what if this was it?" What if I didn't make it? What if you ran out of time to find me and say what you wanted to say? That has already happened ONCE in your life. Would you want to experience that again? But I digress... As I said earlier, I'm home, and I'm recovering. Thank God. And as of next week, I'll officially be moved into the new house -- and it just happens to be a LOT closer to where you live now (and yes, I know where you live now...). My phone numbers are still the same. If you wanna talk, I'm here -- please don't wait until it's too late.

PPS: My old friend Christene just called me today. Her mom and daughter got into a terrible car accident. Her daughter came out alive and okay... Her mother didn't make it. I feel so bad for Christene right now, and all I want to do is be there for her and hug her. As I grew up with Christene, I got to know her mother, Nancy, very well. It hurts my heart to know that she's gone. It also brought back the familiar feelings when I lost my own mother.

Please, y'all... Let this be a testament. PLEASE LOVE YOUR LOVED ONES WHILE YOU CAN, because you NEVER KNOW when their time is up. And yes, like Christene's mom AND my mom, it can happen in the blink of an eye. (Mister, do you hear me?)

That's it for now. Thanks again for all the love, y'all. I need it. Truly I do.



Anonymous said...

Aaron, this is Terry from 5 Mag. Didn't know how to contact you but email me at terry (at) 5chicago (dot) com as we reviewed "Use me" in the sept issue and I want to know where to send it! :-D

matt said...

Best of luck in your recovery. Take care of yourself.