Sunday, May 11, 2008

Here I Am...

I know, sometimes I get a little crazy in my posts. One minute, I'm writing a song. The next minute, I'm bitching about the day... Or excited about what's to come... Or whatever. Tonight is a mixture of everything, I suppose... It's just how I feel.

1. Bittersoulfulsweet... Life has thrown me some serious curve balls lately! I promised the world that I'd have this album released May 24th, and damnit, I AM. The finished CDs should be here just in time for DEMF. Which is wonderful for me, since I'm performing there on Sunday the 25th. But in addition, I will have an "official" CD release party in Las Vegas! I SO wanna move to Vegas, and the more I stay in Detroit, the better Vegas looks to me. But then again, the kids like our current house. And I'm feeling "rooted." Hell... I'll be 35 years old this August. I'd like to plant some roots SOMEWHERE! (Maybe I'll rent a timeshare in Vegas or something...)

2. W.A.R.M.T.H... The organization that I started. I didn't realize how much work would be involved! Not that I'm afraid to work, it's just hard to tackle everything alone. As you know, I'm compiling a CD for distribution at DEMF, that features everyone on the W.A.R.M.T.H. party lineup. DJ Bone, Gary Martin, Myself, Alton Miller... this CD is gonna be wonderful!!! I probably won't keep it exclusively to the organization after DEMF, but I will definitely use the proceeds to help the organization -- it's going to be a non-profit organization. I'll explain more about that later...

3. Life in general just seems to be strange... My circle of "friends" seem to be changing, and things seem to be happening beyond my control. Instead of complaining, I'll just acknowledge it and leave it alone...

I guess today is just one of those days when I need a big hug and lots of love. I know it's been a while since I've written last, but I promise to write more soon...

AC

No comments: