Sunday, November 27, 2005

Picking Up

Ok people…  The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do is finished.  I buried my mother this past Friday.  I know she’s in a much better place, and I’m at peace now, because I know that one day I will see her again.  

Now it’s time for me to bounce back and start working on more music.  Time for me to keep promoting DETREVOLUTION – which has finally made its way around the world.  That’s exactly what Mommy would’ve wanted me to do.  After all, she WAS my loudest cheerleader; my biggest fan.  Those who saw me at this year’s Fuse-In festival saw my mother in her Aaron-Carl T-shirt, sitting onstage!  LOL…

As you already know, some beautiful music is going to come from all of this…  I will never stop.  Now that I have both my Daddy AND Mommy watching me from heaven, I know I’ll be alright.

Thank you everybody, for your kind words and support.  Those who truly tried to make it to the funeral, thank you.  For HANK, who surprised me by actually COMING to the funeral, I can’t thank you enough.  I have a newfound respect for you, and our friendship.  I’ll have to also call Mike Banks, who wrote me the most beautiful e-mail – and reminded me of the strength that I knew I had all along.  I guess all that bullshit we’ve been through in the past isn’t that important after all…  Well, it IS important – just not more important than family.  I have a renewed respect for him as well.  

We’ll see what the future holds.  I’m looking forward to it…  Are you?

Love AC

4 comments:

Croque-monsieur said...

Hey baby,
It was a little bit early to tell you then but I tought "knowing our Detroit diva, he's gonna make some beautiful songs out of it". You have a unique talent: whatever shit happens to you, you transform it into universal danceable hit.
Of course I don't wish you any shit, shit happen on their own anyway. What you have inside of you, your "divinity" (generousity, talent, melodies, etc) comes partly from your Mom: her genes plus the way she brought you up. So in a way she lives on through you, and even more through your music. And she knew that: look how proud she was of your talent!

BTW today I played some of your songs, it made people dance AND smile. So the magic IS there!
Lo/ve

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to hear you are ready to pick up your life again, responsibilities are haunting you I am sure.
Like so many said already, I do too think some good will come out of this. Feelings you never thought you had will inspire you in ways you never thought possible. My thoughts are with you and keep those cheeks smiling. Love, Lewis

Saturn said...

Aaron, you have to got to be one of the strongest people I know. I don't know how you do it, but you, kind sir, have been and continue to be an inspiration. I echo Laurent's very eloquent sentiments. I couldn't have put it better had I sat in front of my keyboard for 3 hours! ;-) Though I'm far, just know my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

MUAH, Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Baaabeeey, do you know how doubled your stregnth has become now. And the fact that you have 2 very special guardian angels watching over you. Do you know how powerful you are now? Take pride in knowing that there's absolutely nothing you can't do now. The Universe is flowing through you more than ever now. Just follow your heart and don't ever hesitate to ask "Mom & Dad" for help.
Love youuuuu