Friday, September 16, 2005

Grateful...

Today, I’m feeling blessed.  My Toulousian friend JIM is celebrating HIS birthday today!  As you know, he sent me a wonderful package of goodies (or 2 or 3 or 5….) for my birthday.  I promised him I’d surprise him, and I most certainly did.  I woke up this morning, wrote and recorded a special birthday song for him!  And NO, it wasn’t that cheesy, common-day “Happy Birthday 2 You” song…  It’s SILLIER!  It invokes the special memories that Jim and I (and Pascal and Emilie) shared while they were here visiting Detroit for the Fuse-In Festival.  They stayed for nearly 2 weeks – and as you may or may not know, they spent MOST of that time with ME!  

But nonetheless, I’m really feeling happy today.  Timmariah and I stayed up until the WEE hours of the night, just talking on the phone about “everything!”  First off, I can’t believe I would stay on the phone for THAT long, talking to ANYBODY I wasn’t sleeping with…  (Well, besides Julian – but that’s a different story…)  I don’t know what it was, last night!  I just “let down my guard,” and let myself ENJOY my conversation with Tim.  Why exactly do I call him Mariah?!  It’s the braids, first of all…  Honey, he’ll get to talking, and he would flip those braids!  So diva-like.  Not to mention an ego the size of Texas!  Oh yeah…  And he keeps trying to hit those high-ass notes when he sings, against my wishes, of course!  Some men can hit those notes and sound good…  Others are like WHOA!  Don’t go there!!!  Tim’s one of those “whoa, don’t go there” folks.  But we get along.  And one day, “Mariah” just slipped out…  And I thought about it…  Hmmm…  That’s his new pet name!  So in a friendly manner (of course), I introduce him to everyone I know as “Mariah Carey.”  Tim cracks up laughing.  What a sense of humor – even for a straight guy.  

So Timmariah is playing saxophone on my CD.  We did a fabulous song together, which I think rounds out my album perfectly!  But I’ll save that info until AFTER the CD hits.  

Right now, I think I’ll take a nap – considering that I’ve only had 4 hours of sleep (Thanks TM!  But it was fun!)…  Again, I’m feeling real blessed right now.  I hope you’re all having a great day as well.  

Love on u…
AC

No comments: